Your contract is with JaydidPhoto (ABN 95 709 386 415), hereinafter also referred to as “we” or “us”. All workshops and/or tours you book with us are organised and sold subject to the following conditions:
All Workshop & Tour Terms and Conditions
- You may cancel your booking at any time but you accept that refunds may be subject to cancellation penalties based on the schedule below. Requests to cancel must be received by email and refunds will be calculated based on the date the email is received by jaydidphoto.com.au.
- More than 60 days from tour commencement you will be refunded 100% minus any non-refundable deposits.
- Between 59 & 30 days from tour commencement you will be refunded 50% minus any non-refundable deposits.
- Less than 30 days from tour commencement you will be refunded 0%.
OPERATOR RIGHT TO CANCEL
- We reserve the right to alter or cancel any workshop or tour at any time for reasons outside our control which may impact client or operator safety, or the safety of the public at large, or successful and safe operation of the workshop or tour. If any workshop has to be cancelled by us directly then all fees are refunded in full or you may opt to select an alternate date for your tour or apply a credit to an alternate workshop, tour or product.
- We are not responsible or liable for any expenses or damages incurred as a consequence of any cancellation, such as costs expended in preparing for the trip including non-refundable or penalty-carrying airline tickets, equipment, lost income, or any other trip-related losses or expenses.
- Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of tour commencement is considered to be a minor. Minors must always be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany up to two minors.
- Unless otherwise indicated in the Workshop or Tour description, the minimum age for minors travelling on any Tour is 7 years old.
- Minors aged between 7 & 16 years old who are shorter than 145cms must travel with an Australian approved child booster seat that can be secured in a lap and sash style seatbelt arrangement. The tour operator is not responsible for providing booster seats in tour vehicles and you accept the operator is in no way responsible for preventing minors who cannot be properly and legally secured from joining the tour vehicle.
- All bookings with a minor are subject to review and approval by the tour operator. If the consent of a parent, guardian or any other person is required by applicable law for any minor to travel, the accompanying adult is responsible for securing all consents, documentation and ensuring that they and the minor(s) meet all legal requirements to travel. The Tour Operator will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure to secure necessary consents, permits, and approvals.
- Each adult on a booking with a minor is jointly responsible for the behaviour, health, safety, supervision and monitoring of such minor(s), and jointly accepts all these Terms for and on behalf of any minor(s) on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability.
- The Tour Operator does not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for supervising or controlling any minor(s).
- It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved with the outdoor travel and photography aspects of this workshop or tour. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their consequences, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise.
- You must have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen workshop and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment.
- In the event of medical emergency and/or repatriation from a workshop or tour by whatever means, the responsibility of such costs will be borne by the client. It is therefore essential that adequate cover is in place. We strongly recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy covering for such events at the same time as booking.
- Every participant voluntarily assumes all risks and will hold us, the workshop leader, any co-leader or assistants, harmless from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, claims, debts, and demands which arise in connection with the workshop or tour. The terms hereof shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for your heirs, administrators, and executors, and for all members of my family, including any minors accompanying you.
- We reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any member of any workshop or tour should such person’s actions impede the safe and reasonable operation of the tour or the health, safety, rights, welfare or enjoyment of other members of the tour, and it is agreed that no refunds will be given in such circumstances.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We aim to provide every participant with a safe, educational and enjoyable experience during a workshop or tour. As there is always certain risks and dangers associated with photography, the outdoors and travel, we accept no responsibility or liability for injury, death, illness, accident, losses or additional expenses associated with workshop participation. Nor do we accept responsibility for damage to equipment, property or digital data loss.
- Every participant must assess their own suitability, in terms of fitness and stamina, for the workshop or tour that they join. Medical, equipment and travel insurance is your own responsibility.
- You must notify us of any medical condition that we should know about. We assume no liability regarding provision of medical care. All information is completely confidential.
- We shall have no liability for any damages, losses, or additional expenses of whatever cause or nature, over which we have no control, including but not exclusively those resulting directly or indirectly from sickness, annoyance, weather, quarantine, strikes, civil disturbance, theft or criminal activity, detention, political disputes, government regulations, acts of terrorism or force majeure
- We shall have no responsibility for additional expenses due to unforeseen delays caused by third parties such as failure of flights or other transportation to arrive or depart on time, and other causes beyond our control.
- We are not responsible for additional accommodation not specified in the workshop itineraries which may be required en route, prior to or following a workshop or tour, caused by airline scheduling or schedule changes, or by individual clients travel arrangements or by other factors.
- In no event shall we have any liability for incidental or consequential damages, however characterised.
- We reserve the right to substitute hotels, venues and facilities, and to alter the itinerary when deemed necessary due to logistical, health or safety requirements or where advised by other authoritative parties.
- We are not responsible for additional expenses incurred by clients in preparing for the workshop or tour (i.e. non-refundable advance-purchase air tickets, equipment, etc.)
- You will be required to sign a medical and indemnity release waiver form for yourself and any minors under your supervision prior to the commencement of the workshop. If this release is not signed your participation in the workshop or tour will be disallowed.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, including coverage for personal health, emergency medical evacuation, emergency medical expenses, and trip cancellation, which would reimburse you for non-refundable airfare and trip cancellation fees.
- We cannot accept liability for insurance costs, loss of deposits, airline cancellations or delays or penalties incurred by the purchase of non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred by participants in preparing for this workshop or tour. We cannot accept liability for any insurance costs if a workshop is cancelled.
ADVERSE CONDITIONS POLICY FOR OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHIC TOURS
- All outdoor photographic components of this workshop or tour are subject to appropriate conditions to ensure the safe participation of our clients.
- Adverse conditions may exist preventing us from accessing a location as defined in the workshop or tour itinerary, or from safely participating in an outdoor activity.
- For the safety of our tour guides, our clients and their equipment, in the event of adverse conditions including heavy rain, storms, conditions preventing safe access, entry and egress of a location, an alternative location or activity may be sought.
- Where no safe alternative can be found the outdoor activity will be cancelled.
- Please note that there will no refund of all or part of the workshop or tour fee in the event if adverse conditions cause cancellation of an outdoor activity.
RIGHT TO USE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We reserve the right to take photographic or video records of any workshop or tour, and assume your consent to use any such records for promotional and/or commercial purposes.
Private Tour Terms and Conditions
QUOTE AND ITINERARY DISCLAIMER
- Private Tour Quotes and Itineraries are compiled based on the requirements expressed by the client. Private Tour Quotes will outline the inclusions and exclusions in full. You acknowledge it is your responsibility to review these inclusions and exclusions prior to accepting the quote and paying a non-refundable deposit.
- Where flights, travel and accommodation is not provided in the tour inclusions as part of the Private Tour, you acknowledge it is your responsibility to obtain confirmed bookings for these before accepting the quote and paying a non-refundable deposit.
- While every care is taken to develop your itinerary and quote based on known factors available, we are not liable for any error, mistake or omission included that once realised may have been a deciding factor for you to not accept the quote provided.
- From time to time updates may need to be made to itineraries due to changing conditions or developments unknown at the time of quoting. We are not liable for any such change or update would this change, once realised, have been a deciding factor for you to not accept the quote provided.
- We reserve the right to change, at our exclusive discretion, schedules, plans and itineraries, depending on mitigating circumstances or health and safety or risk considerations that cannot be remediated. While significant efforts have been taken to provide the workshop or tour quote in a truthful manner, you acknowledge that this is subject to many variables including but not limited to mechanical and environmental conditions or the actions of other parties that we cannot control.
ACCEPTANCE DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT
- Acceptance of this quote is by signing and returning the Acceptance form and details of all members of the tour party included in this quote.
- The person who submits the acceptance form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by our terms and conditions.
- The person who submits the acceptance form is over the age of 18.
- A non-refundable deposit outlined in the quote (normally 20%) is required within 7 days of acceptance to secure your booking.
- The remaining balance owing must be paid prior to 60 days before your workshop or tour commencement date. If we do not receive your payment by the due date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 60 days or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
- All payments will be paid through online invoice using the Square payment system. Invoices will be issued for the non-refundable deposit once acceptance forms have been returned.