Jay is a Professional Tour Guide, Landscape Photographer, and Photography Educator based in the Blue Mountains. Departing a lengthy career in IT Management in 2018, am now focused on providing safe and memorable photography tours and experiences in World Heritage Areas, and teaching photographers of all levels new techniques, while capturing the beauty of our natural environment and night skies. Jay is an accredited Tour Guide within Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, and holds the Northern Territory H Endorsement.
TOUR GUIDE RESUME
- An experienced guide leading over 150 photography clients on workshops and tours in World Heritage Areas, also with over 3 years’ experience as a groups guide at Scenic World.
- A confident communicator as a tour guide and photography educator, using clear voice, enthusiasm and confidence to effectively teach photography techniques, guide clients and enlightening clients with interpretive guidance on the area.
- A customer service focused guide and educator, always striving to provide a safe and memorable client experience, even in adverse conditions, recognising, listening and understanding customer requirements, and delivering on them.
- A natural presenter, with years of experience building and hosting presentations on photography subjects during tours and workshops, for camera clubs and the Head-On Photo Festival.
- Self-motivated and autonomous with working as a photographer and guide requiring plenty of enthusiasm, resilience and need to manage your own goals and deliverables.
- Strong partnering and leadership skills having worked as a team leader and line manager for large high performing project teams and IT groups.
- Extremely Reliable, coming from a time sensitive corporate background and in managing a sole trader photography and tours business with demonstrated on time delivery and excellent time management skills.
- Highly Adaptable having grown in a lengthy 30 year career through several different roles in IT all requiring variation in core training and skills, including the entrepreneurial capabilities to build a photography and tours business.
- Experienced in the development and delivery of tour products and education to clients including creation, continuous adaptation and improvement of materials and resources to aid tours and education in both landscape photography and natural values across the World Heritage Areas we operate in.
- An avid researcher and learner, having self-studied for 2 Masters degrees, the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Knowledge for Tour Guides, and recently a diploma in Photography. Has developed and built extensive interpretive knowledge of the natural and historical values of the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, with abilities to further research and build awareness of cultural values where factual and authorised.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
|Uluru-Kata Tjuta Knowledge for Tour Guides||Charles Darwin University|
|SITTGDE007 – Research and share general information on Australian Indigenous cultures|
|SITXCCS002 – Provide visitor information|
|SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices|
|4WD||Australian 4×4 Driver Training|
|SISODRV302A – Drive and Recover a 4WD Vehicle|
|Diploma in Photography & Photo Imaging||TAFE NSW|
|Cert IV in Photography & Photo Imaging||TAFE NSW|
|Cert IV Frontline Leadership||Talent 2 / Asciano|
|Masters in IT||Charles Sturt University|
|MBA (Computing)||Charles Sturt University|
|Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) Safety Induction|
|Northern Territory H Endorsement (currently converting to NSW passenger Authority)|
|NSW Working With Children #WWC2230608E|
|NSW RSA/RCG #CCH11102407|
|HLTAID005 – Provide First Aid in Remote Situations|
|JAYDID PHOTO||2012 – Present|
|Landscape Photographer / Tour Guide / Owner|
|SEIT Outback Australia
Tour Guide (based at Uluru/Yulara)
|April 2022 – October 2022|
|Scenic World Blue Mountains
Rides Operator / Group Guide
|December 2018 – Present|
|MinterEllison||December 2015 – August 2018|
|Service Management Lead (Full Time Contract)|
|Asciano Pty Ltd||September 2010 – June 2015|
|ITSM Service Manager / Team Leader|
|Self-employed ITSM and Technologies contractor||2008 – 2010|
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Photography is my greatest hobby and interest. I can often be found in remote areas at night capturing the stars and Milky Way, at a sunrise or sunset lookout capturing colourful skies, or at the foot of a waterfall capturing the serene flowing waters. I am also a keen mountain biker, bushwalker and camper, and enjoy exploring the country in my 4WD.